.. but we don’t know what it is yet.
We weren’t expecting the results of the Verifi test until next week (we had an appointment booked for next Tuesday), but I got the following email from my doctor just after lunch today:
I have received a copy of the results from the Verifi test…I just wanted to know if you have a copy or if you need to come in to get the results from me?
I have tentatively booked you in at 10:30am tomorrow (Thursday) which is my earliest appointment. Please let me know if you don’t need to see me, and then I can cancel the appointment and free up the time slot. Take care!
ARGH! I immediately phoned the medical centre to see if there was any chance I could get in to see her this afternoon. No dice, they did put me on the wait list but obviously no-one cancelled. So I have to wait until tomorrow to find out.
Work wasn’t so bad but afterwards I started thinking and worrying. It wasn’t until I was cooking dinner that the penny dropped and I felt like a right dill. If the test had come back positive, she almost certainly would have called me. She also wouldn’t be asking me if I didn’t need to see her. I ran this past Craig and he tended to agree with me. I immediately felt better about the whole thing.
Only then did it occur to me that we’d also be finding out the gender of the baby tomorrow!! Whoa! I suggested to Craig that (all being well) we should go out to dinner to celebrate tomorrow. If it turns out to be a boy, I get to choose the restaurant. If it turns out to be a girl it’s his pick.
So here’s crossing everything and waiting to see what tomorrow will bring.